“A place to Stop, Rest, Slow Down and Reflect”
Tranquility RV & Campgrounds is located in a quiet heavily wooded setting with plenty of separation between the sites. Camping is equally popular by both RV’s, tents and pop-ups for it peace and relaxation. While the campground has a remote feel, it is actually within 10 minutes of a variety of restaurants and activities.
RV connections have (water; power; 20, 30 and 50 amp) and tent sites (water & power) at reasonable rates. Relax in a comfortable shaded campsite at our campground in Mentone, Alabama in the middle of an azalea covered landscape, with
- a private lake for fishing (no license required)
- easily accessible RV and tent camp sites
- welcome center
- dump station
- bath house
To see Our Policies CLICK HERE
Explore the surrounding areas of:
- DeSoto State Park
- Little River Canyon
- Fort Payne, Alabama (home of the “Alabama Boys” singing group)
- the quaint town of Mentone, Alabama with less than one thousand inhabitants (451 in 2000 census)
- or wander a little farther into the Lookout Mountain area near Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Every season brings new natural delights!
The City of Mentone
Mentone (meaning “singing waters”) is in the heart of Cherokee and Confederate history. Developed as a resort and summer getaway around the turn of the century, Mentone is “one of the best kept secrets in the southeast” and boasts being the camping capital of the world with thirteen summer camps. It is ideally situated on the west brow of the southern range of the Appalachians narrow strip of plateau known since the 1800s as Lookout Mountain. The tourist destination called Mentone overlooks the sweeping scenic valleys of DeKalb County.